Thursday

Welcome Year 2012-2013

 

clip_image004Hi! My name is Mrs. Whitehurst and I am so excited to be a part of the JBE first grade team! Most importantly, I am THRILLED to be your teacher! It’s going to be a fun year full of lots of learning and new adventures and I can’t wait to see what the year has in store for us. I want to know ALL about you, but first I’m going to tell you a few things about me.

I was born in Tampa, FL and I am the oldest of NINE! When I graduated from High School, I moved to Gainesville to attend the University of Florida…GO GATORS! I majored in Elementary Education and couldn’t wait to graduate and start teaching.

First grade is the most fantastic grade and I have been blessed to have taught it for five years! You all are going to learn so many wonderful new skills this year. We will work together to read new books, and dive into comprehending our own reading, while staying busy with math tools, science experiments, and journaling away in our everyday writing.

I am married to a wonderful man, Mr. Adam, who is a farmer at Whitehurst Cattle Company. He raises cattle, grows watermelons in the spring and peanuts in the summer. We have the cutest animals too! Sadie is a Chihuahua who is ten years old and Lily, our brown tabby cat is nine! Our newest addition to the family is Remi our rambunctious outside puppy who will be one year in December.

I am so excited to be your “COACH” and for you to be a part of this AWESOME, all star “TEAM” we have lined up for Room 006.  This is going to be a CHAMPIONSHIP year!

clip_image005

Photo (Scrappin Doodles)

No comments:

Post a Comment